(Sponsors:(Increase Testosterone) (American Deluxe Telecaster).)
So whats the best way to secure your files, such as passwords, documents, projects, receipts and every thing else you pass through thumb drives. The best way so far to secure your documents and files are through True Crypt. True Crypt is a free program used to encrypt an secure laptops, desktops, and notebooks. It's opensource for Windows 7/Vista/XP, Mac OS X, and Linux, and uses some of the strongest algorithms and best stealth techniques. True Crypt is used by Hackers, Government's and some Research University's.
File Encryption. Let's Encrypt Your Files/Passwords.
File encryption is done easy, download True-Crypt http://www.truecrypt.org/downloads
and install the free software.
- Run True Crypt
- Navigate To "Create Volume"
- Check "Create An Encrypted File Container"
- Click "Next" And Select "Standard TrueCrypt Volume"
- Click "Next" Once More And click "Select File"
- Navigate To Your "Desktop" And Save The File As "containerfile" And Click Save
- (See Below Image)
- Now Click "Next" 2 Times
- Now Create The Volume Size We Recommend 1GB For Easy Moving From One PC To Another.
- Create A Volume PasswordIt Must Contain More Than 20 Characters. Click "Next"
- Move Your Mouse Like Crazy To Generate A Random Key Then Click "Format"
How To Use The Encrypted File Container.
- Open True Crypt Once More And Select "Select File" And Open The Container File We Saved Earlier On The Desktop And Select It.
- Once Selected There Will Be A List Of Aviable Drive Letters, Select One And Click Mount.
- Enter Your Password And Click OK.
- Now Navigate To My Computer And Find The Drive Letter You Used, In This Case We Used X.
- Now Save You Most Important Information There.
- Once Done, Open True Crypt Once More And DisMount Your Drive Letter We Used X.
Note: To Access Your Files Everywhere You Must Have True-Crypt Installed On Every Computer You Use.