We talked about Phishing scams here on TheEmoLab! Article Hacking-FaceBoook-Password-Method-Phishing we suggest you take a quick look there. So what are Phishing Scams? Phishing scams are non legitimate sites or clones of other sites, that claims to be the organization of the site and are response-able for more than 1-Million Hacked Accounts world wide. Phishing is a attempting to acquire sensitive information from sites such as FaceBook, gmail(Google), ymail(Yahoo), Myspace, etc. The term "Phishing" that derives from “fishing” that refers to the act of “fishing” users by means of increasingly sophisticated baits in order to obtain financial and password information. Those involved in this act are known as “phishers”.
This Following image is what a scam will look like with social websites
Phishing scams can come in a majority of styles, but hackers choose the most popular. some other forms of phishing scams can be sent to your email. Such as...
- verify your account
- ads that tell you have mail in your inbox
- others If you don't respond to this email your account will be suspended.
Most people take action right away with-out first identifying and verifying the company. Watch the short video below to identify these sites.
If any of you guys want to share your experience on this topic please share them in the comments.
>>More Tips To Avoid Phishing Scams
- Immediately after you identify that it's a fake delete it and report it as spam.
- Avoid clicking the links and images in the email.
- Check the from email address.
- Check the url for "https://www.Facebook.com/" Not "http://www.FaceBook.t35.com".
- Check for an addon for phishing blockers for your browser